Has starting a LuLaRoe business crossed your mind? Are you wondering what it takes in becoming a LuLaRoe consultant? If so, you are in the right place. There are tons of funny LuLaRoe memes floating around that I can imagine you’ve run into if you are in any VIP shopping groups. A few of these memes talk about “levels of LuLaRoe Addiction”. Stage 1 – Usually is the what-is-this-stuff type “level” all the way up to the highest level of becoming a consultant yourself. Ironically enough, these silly memes actually have some truth to them. I followed these stages pretty much spot on. If you’re looking into a LuLaRoe business opportunity, you’ll find yourself falling in love with LLR along the way!
Stage 1 – Never heard of it, didn’t care about leggings, still wearing old maternity jeans (5 years post last baby. Whoops)
Stage 2 – Leggings? Fine, I will try a pair. Whatever. I just need to see what all the hype is about.
Stage 3 – LEGGINGS? Why did no one tell me about these? I need all the leggings.
Stage 4 – One more group can’t hurt right? After all, they might have that black Irma I need to match all my leggings
Stage 5 – OK. This is getting ridiculous. I’ve spent more money than I would like to admit. But I really don’t care. I feel better about myself than I have in years. That can’t be a bad thing. Maybe I will just ask about what it would take to actually make some money off this stuff.
Stage 6 – YES! This is where I belong.
Are you somewhere between stage 3 and 6? OK, you are in the right place. Let’s talk about what it really takes in becoming a LuLaRoe consultant. The good, the bad and everything in between.
LuLaRoe Consultant Cost – Start Up Fee – Cost to Join
Join our LuLaRoe Consultant Team!
If you’re interested in becoming a LuLaRoe consultant – you’ll have to be patient at first. Before you onboard and are waiting in the queue for your call, there will be an onboarding package for you to look at. Here is one that was a recent one, but they do change frequently, so be sure to ask your sponsor for updates on the packages. You can choose one of several packages, then there are add-ons as well. You must choose one package at minimum, but as soon as you are off your call, you are able to go and order whatever you want to add to your packages. My suggestion, take this for what it is worth, order the smaller package and then do add-ons. You are not saving any money by choosing the larger packages, and unless they have everything you want in them, you are better off, going in and being able to piece your order together and get exactly what you want.
I’ve included links to everything I use and bought from Amazon to use for my LuLaRoe business. I hope that helps! A LuLaRoe business opportunity doesn’t come without initial investments, and we’ve shopped around and found these to be the best products for the price.
Extra LuLaRoe Consultant Costs:
Besides the obvious initial investment of your inventory, there are going to be a few costs associated with starting up to take into consideration when you’re becoming a LuLaRoe consultant. I used the time I had while waiting in the queue to spread out my spending so I didn’t feel my wallet get hit all at once. Some things you are going to want to consider are:
- Hangers for your LuLaRoe clothes. I HIGHLY recommend using the velvet lined hangers. DO NOT cheap out and go with plastic hangers. You will live to regret it every single day, and end up buying velvet hangers later. Trust me on this one.
- Racks. There are so many different rack systems out there. Make sure you are getting something commercial grade. The clothes are heavy. You want them to be able to be collapsible and transportable. There is some wonderful systems that are made to stay put in your room, which I am actually considering for my lularoom since most of my parties are done in my home anyway, but I will write about this at a later date. Bed Bath and Beyond sells some nice rack systems, but amazon is really where I found my commercial grade racks. I use a combination of double racks and single racks, as well as 2-tier racks for my skirts.
- Shopping bags and mailers. While you will get some shopping bags in your starter kit, they will go fast, get a couple sizes to have a nice variety. Smaller bags for leggings, medium bags for leggings and a top and larger bags for dresses, etc. Polymailers come in a variety of sizes, prints and colors. I get these on amazon as well. I like to order 6×9, 9×12, 10×13. Anything over 1 pound is going to ship Priority mail, so I highly recommend going to USPS.com, creating an account and ordering all the free mailers and boxes you can. They are FREE! You should never pay for a box to ship priority mail. Generally 3 pairs of leggings, or 3+ items will ship priority.
- Printer/Computer – For printing shipping labels, you can use a regular printer and paper, but down the road I would suggest splurging and investing in a Dymo label printer. They are worth the money, and will last YEARS. I have one that I have been using for 6+ years, and has probably printed upwards of 10,000+ labels and is still going strong. With the new bless, you will need an IOS system, whether that be a Mac computer or an iPad of some sort. There may be something coming in the future to make it compatible with your laptop or desktop, but for now, think about investing in some sort of apple device. Nothing fancy. You could grab a refurbished ipad mini for under $200 if needed. But you will need some kind of apple device – and it will make your life so much simpler.
- Business cards/signage. You can use the templates provided by LuLaRoe in assets and have them printed with an outside source. I generally use Vista print for this as you can usually find a pretty good deal and they frequently have coupons and/or specials running. You can design your own cards, or purchase from one of the 5,000 etsy sellers selling designs, but make sure they are Home Office approved PRIOR TO purchasing. There are certain rules you need to follow when using the LuLaRoe logo and branding.
- Clothing Bags. You will want something to transport your clothing to you out of home events and pop ups. LuLaRoe does sell some nice pink garment bags, they have always been out of stock so I invested in some blue IKea bags and they seem to do the trick. They are heavy duty and can carry a lot of clothes per bag. My inventory is currently up to about 1400 pieces and I need about 20 bags to transport it all, to give you an idea. You can buy them most economically as 5 packs.
- Camera. You will need something to take pictures of your inventory. You can use a high quality phone, like an iPhone, or invest in an SLR Camera. I already had a nice Cannon, so I just use this. Lighting, Mannequin, backdrops, etc. are all discussed in my LuLaRoe Photography blog and video, so please refer to this blog for information on these products.
LuLaRoe Start Up Kit
If you’re looking into becoming a LuLaRoe consultant, then your start up is where most of your expenses come into play. With your initial order, you will receive the on-boarding package you choose, plus any extra orders you’ve placed, and with your package you will receive a starter kit of sorts. In this kit you will receive a planner (essential for organizing and running your LuLaRoe business), a small amount of thank you cards, invites, general info to give to customers, some singe, a package of shopping bags, clothing style dividers, etc. I would recommend using the cards they give you, but be sure to have your own on order because they will go fast.
LuLaRoe Consultant Perks
Becoming a LuLaRoe consultant definitely has it’s perks. Besides getting first dibs at all the fabulous clothing at COST, you are getting to make amazing connections with all sorts of women that you would not have met otherwise. I have made some amazing friends just through the power of sharing a love of clothing, that I would not give back for anything. In addition, choose your sponsor and team wisely. These are the women that will uplift and guide you to success, who will listen to your frustrations and help you find solutions and make your business grow. I personally oversee all of my consultants in my team, to ensure they’re taking advantage of all the tools available in a LuLaRoe business opportunity. Contact me today to see if we would make a great fit!